Updated: Sep 10, 2021
"What you bought , this is not important
important is that, how much you know?
investing is not buying or selling , it is awareness"
-Robert T. Kiyosaki
"आप क्या खरीदते है यह मह्त्वपूर्ड नहीं है
मह्त्वपूर्ड यह है की आप कितना जानते है
निवेश करना ख़रीदना नहीं होता यह एक जानकारी है"
-रॉबर्ट टी. कियोसाकी
As -Benjamin Graham said
"Individuals who cannot master their emotions are ill-suited to profit from the investment process."
"जो व्यक्ति अपनी भावनाओं को नियंत्रित नहीं कर सकते हैं वे निवेश प्रक्रिया से लाभ के लिए उपयुक्त नहीं हैं।"
we will understand in this Article awareness about Emotional intelligence
1) What is Emotional intelligence
2) Difference between emotion and intelligence
3) History of emotional intelligence
4) Salovey and Mayer model of emotional intelligence
5) Goleman 5 step model on emotional intelligence
6) Is EI batter then IQ ?
7) Benefit and loss of emotional intelligence
8) Conclusion of emotional intelligence
9) How we can use emotional intelligence in trading and investing
10) Step to became a emotionally intelligence
11) Reference of the article
1) What is Emotional intelligence ?
"तुम इतना जो मुस्कुरा रहे हो
क्या गम है जिसको छुपा रहे हो " - Album/Movie: अर्थ (1983)
-Understand the emotion behind the smile
-Understand the self feeling and other's feelings and control on that is main property of Emotional intelligence
-There is NO Process to calculate the Emotional intelligence
-This is not Equal in everyone.
2) Relationship between Emotion and intelligence
2.1 Emotion -intense feeling directed at someone or something. 2.2 Intelligence - a person's ability to think rationally, act purposefully, and deal effectively with their environment , intelligence is limited with cognitive capacity
-cognitive capacity is related with -memory, Language, focus , knowledge, problem solving ability.
3) History of Emotional intelligence :-
Since long time there is negative relation between emotion and intelligence
or there is No relation Between emotion and intelligence.
Emotional intelligence word start in 1990 by Salovey and Mayer they disagree with this concept however idea of emotional intelligence are used in GITA and Greek philosopher Arastu - Aristotle (biography)
4) According to Salovey and Mayer
4.1 Emotional intelligence :-
Use this information to guide your thinking and action, with the ability to identify and differentiate feelings from self and others, in this process they try to combine the emotion and intelligence.
4.2-Four step model of Salovey and Mayer- "1997"
Perceiving Emotions- What kind of emotions is he or someone else going through? (identification of emotions)
Understanding Emotion- The ability of a person to understand the emotions better through the messages given is
Facilitating Emotion -The use of these two can be used to give direction of emotions for creative purpose.
Managing Emotion- capacity of converting negative emotion into positive emotion
"दुसरो को काबू करना ताकत है
परन्तु खुद पर काबू करना असली ताकत है"
5) Goleman 5 Step model -( in 1999) 5 Step model is given by Goldman in 1993 Following are 5 step
1) Self Awareness -Ability to identify one's own moods, emotions and motivations As well as One who reads from the feelings of others can be understood
Property of this kind of person
"दुसरो को जानना ज्ञान है
खुद को जानना आत्मज्ञान " - lao tzu
2) Self Regulation - a person's ability to control and redirect one's own disruptive impulses and moods, By this, a person develops the tendency to think before suspending a decision or taking action.
Property of this kind of person
-and include such qualities as openness to change
“Only when you combine sound intellect with emotional discipline do you get rational behavior.
- warren Buffett
3) Self Motivation -Passion to work for internal reasons(pleasure of doing something or desire to learn)
Property of this kind of person
-Contains Optimism Even After Failure
"invest in your self before investing in market or anywhere"
-Robert T. Kiyosaki
4) Empathy :- a person's ability to understand the emotional structure of other people to be a emotionally intelligence there are three type of empathy is required
a) Cognitive empathy -Ability to understand other person's point of view b) Emotional empathy- have the ability to feel the feelings of another person c) Empathic concern - the ability to understand what the other person needs 5) Social skill :- Ability to manage relationships, build networks, and build coordination
Goleman is an extension of Gardner's Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Intelligence interpersonal intelligence :-Understanding others and acting accordingly intrapersonal intelligence :- Take action by understanding your own feelings
6) Is EI is Batter then IQ?
More than 80% success at workplace depends on EQ however IQ contribute less then 20% Resulting- Many high IQ people do not succeed- Most successful people have high EQ
7) Qualities of a person with a high EQ Integrity in action
Integrity means consistency in what you think and what you do
Balance between personal life and social life
Authenticity and legitimacy in action and practice
low tendency to repeat mistakes
ability to take advantage of criticism
Optimistic self motivated self awareness
manager there emotion
Negative point of EI
better able to manipulate others
capable of inciting the feelings of others
able to express your feelings
8) Conclusion on emotional intelligence :-
if we ignore negative point -then emotional intelligence is great for individual human being and trading/investing in market or any field of life
Krishna said in GITA
Attachment leads to desire Anger arises when desire is not fulfilled
This anger only creates confusion And only the works done indiscriminately in this illusion leads man to his doom.
The Gita also talks about a emotionally stable person - an emotionally stable person.
It is written in the Gita that attachment is the root of all miseries.
Imperfection is a trap that entraps a person in the materialistic world.
क्रोधाद्भवति संमोह: संमोहात्स्मृतिविभ्रम:।
(द्वितीय अध्याय, श्लोक 63)
हिंदी अनुवाद: क्रोध से मनुष्य की मति मारी जाती है यानी मूढ़ हो जाती है जिससे स्मृति भ्रमित हो जाती है। स्मृति-भ्रम हो जाने से मनुष्य की बुद्धि नष्ट हो जाती है और बुद्धि का नाश हो जाने पर मनुष्य खुद का अपना ही नाश कर बैठता है।
English Translation:- Anger leads to clouding of judgment, which results in bewilderment of the memory. When the memory is bewildered, the intellect gets destroyed; and when the intellect is destroyed, one is ruined.
To avoid this, the only way is to remain detached from the fruits of karma. detachment from this karma is the path of emotional A person should perform his self-righteousness, his obligatory duties. and it should be done When he does it without expecting anything in return he becomes a karma yogi This is the first step towards making you emotionally stable.
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भुर्मा ते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥
अर्थ: तेरा कर्म करने में ही अधिकार है, उसके फलों में कभी नहीं। इसलिए तू कर्मों के फल हेतु मत हो तथा तेरी कर्म न करने में भी आसक्ति न हो. 10) How we can use emotional intelligence in trading/investing
"Success in any endeavor is 80% psychology and 20% skill"-
in trading everyone talk about Emotional discipline but no one practices for that
Everyone has there own fear and greed , everyone try to control the market
No one try to understand/regulate or manage own emotion,
I would say only 2%-5% any strategy work in any trading system
95% need to understand /regulate and manage own feeling /own emotion
we can practices- self awareness-self regulation -self motivation
father of psychology- Arastu said in biography - Aristotle
They have mention in there book by practicing some technique ( specially buddha way of enlightenment-"vipassana")
you can know everything
you can know self awareness -self regulation - self motivation
Self awareness -
will help to understand own fear and greed and market fear and greed
will help a person's ability to control and redirect one's own disruptive impulses and moods-when everyone do so many trade without control they can manage there mind -train them and regulate then as they want
self motivation -
Passion to work for internal reasons(pleasure of doing something or desire to learn)
when market will send you in back side self motivation will help to comeback
Technique to self motivation -Auto suggestive mode 1) can talk in from of mirror
2) can write whatever want to do 3) keep yourself from socialization for sometime daily basis 4) talk to yourself
Empathy -will help to learn from self lesson and other's lesson
Note - Read the property of when you will practices for that what you will get form it
Step to became a emotional intelligence
step 1- Awareness About EI (knowledge about EI)
step 2-learn some technique physical exercise and mental exercise
step 3- practices that technique in regular basis
physical exercise and mental exercise will make you Emotionally intelligence
physical exercise- yoga /gym Etc.
mental exercise - Mediation
Remember if you practicing any technique in meditation - Do not work in focus (concertation) only also work in understand emotion /regulate /manage them.
focus (concertation) have own benefit/-but here is not a objective is focus only -also get Eradicated from miseries
intelligence people are also focused -but
being a emotional intelligence need to practices -self-righteousness, (karma yogi)
After practicing this you will get all property of emotional intelligence person
Practicing any exercise psychical and mental (mediation) is not only for one day
This is same like as we eat ( we eat regular basis)
This is same like we change cloth ( we change cloth in regular basis)
Practices mediation is not a one day two day process -this is continuous process Property of the self awareness -regulation and manage everything will come automatically By practicing by good technique
" there is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so"
I know many things from my experience-
I am a practitioner of in physical exercise -yoga ( hatha and ashtanga) and in mental Exercise -vipassana
but still I have read to right the blog so i am righting the reference if you wanted to know more you can read
12) Reference of this Article
1) Book on emotional intelligence by Daniel Goleman
2) Emotional Intelligence: Key Readings on the Mayer and Salovey Model
3) Rich Dad poor dad book by Robert T. Kiyosaki-
4) The intelligent investor book by benjamin graham
5) Attitude is Everything book by JEEF killer
6) Why everyone don't do or only 20 or 30 % people get successes to know more read the book 80/20 Rule book by Richard Koch
7) Two quota is taken from Tao Te Ching by lao tzu
8) if you want to understand the habit then read the book and try to practices them
the power of habit book by Charles Duhigg
9) if you wanted to Learn technique to train your subconscious mind
read -Power of subconscious by Dr. JOSEPH MURPHY.
10) Understand depth about karma yogi -Geeta
11) Have taken empathy and sympathy from Delhi IAS website 12) Read some psychologist- father of psychology arastu (his biography -Aristotle) and carl Jung, Sigmund Freud
13) Some point i have taken from my class notes-mater degree (MSW -102) psychology and social work practices
14) To Know more about vipassana and there benefit
15) to know more about yoga/gym and there benefit use Google
1) If anyone want these books in PDF format they can contact me -available free
2) this article is related awareness -awareness has there own benefit but there is limitation so if you want that kind of property which are mention in article then you have to practice exercises -property are directly proposal to the practice.
Thankyou for reading this article
I hope this article will help to everyone
" They can because they think they can"